How to Meet SDWA & CCR Requirements at Your Water System and Water Operator Exam Review & Testing Session
The first day of this one and a half day FREE workshop is designed for Regulatory Compliance Officers, water operators and water managers directly involved with Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) compliance and the collection of compliance samples at Tribal public water systems in EPA Region 6. The workshop will assist in meeting the monitoring & reporting requirements of the SDWA, including Public Notices, and Consumer Confidence Reports (CCRs).
We are glad to offer a review and testing session for the EPA water operator certification program on the second day of this workshop. We will be offering both paper based testing and computer based testing for Water Distribution and Water Treatment levels 1, 2, 3 and 4. Testing is free for all personnel working at tribal water systems. EPA certifications are valid for 3 years and reciprocities from other certifying programs are accepted.
Applications and testing requirements are available online at: http://southwestefc.unm.edu/tribal-drinking-water-operator-certification/. You may also request an emailed copy of these materials. Please submit your completed applications to Matt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rose (email@example.com) by 5/3/2018. Please note that if you do not have enough CEUs or work requirements, you may still test and complete the CEU/work requirements at a later date.
**Come to one or both days**
Day 1 (May 9th)
• A brief summary of each SDWA contaminant group
• When and where to collect water samples
• How to properly complete chain-of-custody forms
• 2018 Sampling Schedules and review of correct sampling procedures
• Effective communication
• Preparation of Public Notices at PWS
• Workshop on preparing and completing your 2018 Consumer Concfidence Report (CCR)
Day 2: (May 10)
Morning 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
• Review of various drinking water topics as determined by attendees
• Water operator math
Afternoon: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
• Testing for EPA Water Operator Certification
• Levels include: Water Distribution and Water Treatment, Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4
Bookings are closed for this event.