– Program Coordinator
This is a potential temp-to-regular opportunity, subject to the selected candidate’s performance throughout the temporary assignment, in addition to the business needs of the hiring department.
The Southwest Environmental Finance Center (SW EFC), a program of the Center for Water and the Environment in UNM’s School of Engineering, supports state, local and tribal governments as well as private entities meet environmental needs. Since 1992, we have worked with water and wastewater utilities in a variety of technical, managerial, and financial capacities. The EFC’s projects are often complex and involve multiple environmental issues and partners. Much of our work is data-driven, and we strive to translate our applied research in clear, concise, and engaging formats.
In support of its mission, the SW EFC seeks to hire a Program Coordinator who will perform the following duties:
- Planning and monitoring program operations; day-to-day liaising with both internal and external program team members to ensure successful completion of program deliverables
- Independent handling and processing of technical reports from biological/radiological labs and other technical activities. Collection and analysis of water system files and data.
- Development, writing, and editing of technical reports. Assist with scope of work development and other grant application activities.
- Development and implementation of operational procedures for tracking program objectives, expenditures and budgets for program deliverables.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Database management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects successfully to timely completion
- Ability to perform required tasks with minimal supervision
- 2 years of experience in biology, environmental science, horticulture
Days & Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
Projected End Date: 6 months
Parking Arrangements: Responsibility of the selected employee
UNMTemps provides staffing solutions to UNM departments requesting temporary employees as positions become available due to a vacancy, when regular employees are absent, for peak work periods, and for special events. As such, UNMTemps assignments/positions may end with little or no advance notice.